If you’ve followed my blog or are already familiar with PCM, you know that the different PCM Personality Types speak a different “language”, have different character strengths, and, when we talk about the Types as a Phase, they have different motivational Psychological Needs.
Remember, we all have the Six Personality Types in us, in different orders and with different intensities, so we’re most probably going to be more or less “fluent” in several “languages”, we’re going to have the character strengths of more of them and, we’re going to experiment the Psychological Needs of several. However, in PCM we learn that the Psychological Needs of our current Phase floor, are in fact motivational and function as very efficient “battery charges” for us. This is, thus, the idea behind this post.
I initially posted this on LinkedIn and, given the nice engagement it attracted, I thought I might share it here too :).
So, let’s get down to business:
The Thinker Personality Type has as its main Psychological Needs the Recognition of Productive Work and the Time Structure. So, what they might love doing on a Saturday is:
- Review the past week, jot down some learnings and plan for the next week.
- For next week’s main events, draw a plan B and a plan C.
- Do some work in the house or some chores – and hopefully, get some appreciation for it ;).
The Persister Personality Type has as its main Psychological Needs the Recognition of Principled Work and the Recognition of Convictions. So, what they might love doing on a Saturday is:
- Do volunteer work for that NGO they really believe in
- Spend time with people who share the same values and believe in the same causes
- Share with (their) kids about the importance of trust and loyalty in life
The Harmoniser Personality Type has as its main Psychological Needs the Recognition of Person and Sensory Needs. So, what they might love doing on a Saturday is:
- Spend time with people who love them unconditionally.
- Eat and/or drink something nice while they’re sharing about your week
- Take care of their home and enjoy the nest-like feeling of being home
- Enjoy a massage
The Imaginer Personality Type has as its main Psychological Need the Solitude. So, what they might love doing on a Saturday is:
- Allow themselves to enjoy some alone time, to spend it in their mind and hone their imagination
- Work on that fantasy novel they started
- Take a long walk in nature
The Rebel Personality Type has as its main Psychological Need the Playful Contact (Fun). So, what they might love doing on a Saturday is:
- Go out dancing or in the pub or just have the music loud in the house and dance around
- Have fun with their favourite buddies
- Decorate their room with some things or gadgets they like
The Promoter Personality Type has as its main Psychological Need the Incidence/Adrenaline (many exciting activities in a short period of time). So, what they might love doing on a Saturday is:
- Poker night
- Train for that marathon/ironman or that other challenge they’ve picked for themselves
Here they are in their original format too 🙂
PS: if you want to participate in my Open PCM Workshops, have a look HERE to find out more and book your place in the next cohort.Perfect-Saturday-for-the-different-PCM-Phase-Types
Sign up for my newsletter!
Please check your Spam folder or Promotions Tab for a sign-up confirmation email. You will only be subscribed after you click the confirmation link in that email message. Thank you!